There are several changes made to both Written exam and Lab Exam. Changes to Written exam can be found here
Here is the summary of the changes made to Lab Exam.
- The biggest change will be the testing of hands-on troubleshooting for the first two hours of the eight-hour exam. Candidates will be presented with a series of trouble tickets for preconfigured networks, and they will need to diagnose and resolve the network fault or faults.
Candidates will be presented with a series of trouble tickets?? does it mean that proctor will make several changes to the rack as and when he likes during 2 horus? Then this is going to be a big deal.
- The new MPLS Topics are as below:
|4.00||Implement MPLS Layer 3 VPNs|
|4.10||Implement Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)|
|4.20||Implement Layer 3 virtual private networks (VPNs) on provider edge (PE), provider (P), and customer edge (CE) routers|
|4.30||Implement virtual routing and forwarding (VRF) and Multi-VRF Customer Edge (VRF-Lite)|
It is strange that why you need to implement PE routers also..
- Not as everyone expectd, FRAME RELAY IS STILL THERE!!!!
|1.60||Implement Frame Relay|
|(a) Local Management Interface (LMI)|
|(b) Traffic shaping|
|(c) Full mesh|
|(d) Hub and spoke|
|(e) Discard eligible (DE)|
- And PPPoE is coming in.
|1.40||Implement Ethernet technologies|
|(a) Speed and duplex|
|(b) Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet|
|(c) PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)|
- And, strange enough, the Core Knowledge section will remain the same.
- The equipments in the testing lab will be updated with Cisco 1800 and 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers running Cisco IOS® Software Version 12.4(T) and Cisco Catalyst® 3560-E Series Switches running Cisco IOS Version 12.2 Advanced IP Services